April 1, 2021 Release Notes
Independent Demand Detail Pop-up in Requirements Planning
In the pop-up for Independent Demand, the list of customer orders making up the Independent Demand in the period is shown in the pop-up. Previously, due to the limited space available in the pop-up, only 20 customer orders were visible, which could exclude many customer orders. To ensure that significant customer orders are shown in the limited space available in the pop-up, the following changes have been made to the customer orders being displayed:
- The customer orders with the largest volume are now prioritized for display in the Independent Demand pop-up window, and these customer orders are sorted by volume from largest to the smallest
- Scrolling has been introduced the pop-up
- The number of customer orders shown in the pop-up has been increased to 100
Add "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast" Option to System Settings
Previously the "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast" option could only be set for an SKU through the Items option tab or through the Multi-Edit option. The "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast" feature determines if the demand from forecasts that are unfulfilled, as a result of a stock-out occurring within the lead-time, are added to the generated suggested order. (See this article for more information on the Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast feature: New Expedite Requirement Planning Option )
A new system setting, "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast", has been added to enable global definition of the default behavior of the "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast" feature. By default, the Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast feature is turned off globally, so this new system setting can be used to override this default behavior,
Please note that regardless of the global system setting, the behavior of the "Replenish Unfulfilled Forecast" feature can be overwritten at the SKU level.
Update Alternate Supply by Availability Calculation
Previously, the calculation of available inventory over the item's lead time was calculated as (On Hand - Open Demand + Open Orders) - Total Order Point, which is too conservative because it does not consider inventory at its destination locations.
To better reflect availability, this enhancement includes the following changes
- The available inventory is now calculated as On Hand + On Order - Total Demand Over Lead Time. In the example below, the first number reflects the inventory on hand at the location and the second the inventory at the end of the lead time prior to issuing a replenishment order. This helps determine the impact on net availability during lead time if requirements are pulled from the secondary source. Please note that next week's release will further enhance the data to include the primary locations details to make it easier to compare the primary sources availability to secondary sources availability.
- Color coding has been added to better reflect availability:
- Green: All location have a positive ending on hand inventory
- Yellow: At least one location has a negative ending on hand inventory
- Red: All locations have a negative ending on hand inventory
- A new reason code called "0 on Hand" has been added to the Planner Action reason codes to identify all the locations with no inventory on hand.