How to associate more than one supplier with an item
By default, a primary supplier is assigned to an item from the ERP.
Alternative suppliers are automatically made available as a supplier option in the planner action detail if there is a record of purchasing from the supplier in the purchase order history table that is uploaded to DemandCaster. As an option, a user may add a secondary supplier as an option particularly if the item is new or has no history of purchasing from the alternate supplier. The following article describes how to add a secondary supplier.
- Select the item by clicking on the check box
- Click the "Alternate Supplier" button
- Search for supplier in the search box or navigate page by page at the bottom of the pop-up if available
- Click on the + icon to associate to the item. More than one supplier may be associated to the item.
- To remove a supplier, click the "remove" icon
- You may also delete multiple associations at once by clicking "Delete Associations"
- Click Save to save the association.