How to Create, Apply, and Edit a Selection Filter
This article describes the steps to create, apply, and then later edit a previously defined filter.
Apply a Selection Filter
See the article Item Selection Interface to learn how to apply a selection filter.
In the image below, we have applied a filter using the Components product category from the drop-down.
Create Customer Filter
Click "Show custom filter" to open the custom filter option.
- In the "Save filter as" box, enter a name of the custom filter. In the example below, "Component" is entered.
- Click "Save filter" to create the new filter.
- You may also hide the custom filter
- And clear any filters applied against the selection. Please note that a filter persists from screen to screen until cleared.
Select and Apply a Saved Filter
- Click on "Show Custom Filter" (screenshot shows "Hide custom filter" since a filter has been selected)
- Choose desired custom filter from "Choose Filter" drop down menu.
- Once selected from drop down, the filter will be automatically applied.
Edit or Delete a Previously Defined Filter
To edit, follow the steps above to open a previously defined filter.
- Add an additional filter to the selection. In the example below we selected a specific supplier
- In the Save Filter As box enter a new name for the custom filter if it is a new filter, or keep the name the same if editing the current filter.
- Click "Save filter" if editing the current filter.
- Click "Save and add new filter" if a new filter name is being created.
- Click "Delete filter" if the filter needs to be deleted.
Add your comment