Item Level Forecast Accuracy, Service Level, and Inventory Coverage Analysis
This article describes the steps to review how well an item has performed relative to forecast, orders, and shipments, It also shows if the item had too much or too little inventory to meet demand. Please note that the Classification Analysis must be run monthly for this process to function.
Select an item to review and go to Item Planning Details
Follow the steps described in the Item Selection Interface article to view a specific items detail.
Run Item Accuracy
Click on the accuracy button in the toolbar to run the accuracy view of the item. The process may take a few seconds to run.
To remove the accuracy check, click the accuracy button a second time.
The accuracy goes back in time a minimum of its lead time and provides the following data in the table from left to right. The date of the hold back is noted in the Analysis Date box. The date is the when the Requirement Plan was run and all the values in the table were what was available at that time.
- Starting Actual On Hand: The actual starting inventory at each period.
- Replenishment Orders: Open replenishment orders at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Independent Demand: Open customer orders at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Dependent Demand: Pass down demand dependencies at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Forecast: Forecast at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Remaining Forecast: The result of the forecast consumption calculation at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Total Demand: Sum of forecast plus dependent demand at the time of the past requirement plan.
- Total Qty Shipped: The actual quantity shipped since the time of the requirement plan by week. This is based on ship date from the customer order file.
- Qty Scheduled to Ship: The actual quantity scheduled to ship based on due date from the customer order file.
- Qty Shipped Early or On Time: Quantity that was scheduled in part or in full prior to the due date.
- Service Level: On time performance for the period.
- Cumm. Forecast Accuracy: Cumulative forecast accuracy over the entire lead time planning period.
- Suggested Order: Quantity that was planned to be ordered.
- Ending Planned on Hand: The ending planning on hand at the time of the requirement plan.
- Days on Hand: Shows the days on hand value of the ending planned on hand
Download Excel or Item Detail
Clicking on the excel button in the table as shown by the arrow, downloads an excel copy of the table.