Running a New Requirement Plan (when ABP is enabled)
This article describes the steps required to run a new requirement plan with the Advanced Business Planning add-on enabled. To run a new requirement plan when ABP is not enabled, please read the article Running a New Requirement Plan (when ABP IS NOT enabled).
It is very important that you verify that the Plan Approval step in Advanced Business Planning is complete before proceeding with the steps below to generate a new requirement plan. This is to ensure that the most current demand plan is used to generate the requirement plan.
Select Items to Requirement Plan
- Use the different filter options in the Selection interface to filter and then select items to forecast and plan. You may also choose to plan all items in which case go to step 2.
- Click Select All, to select all the filtered items (or unfiltered if all items are to be run)
- You may also click on the check box next to the desired items to manually select one or a few items.
- Click "Run Analysis" to commence the forecast or requirement plan process for the selected items.
Apply Analysis Options
The item forecast, safety stock, and order triggers come from the approved ABP demand plan and supply plan.
- Selection Criteria: A message is provided that shows the number of items that have been selected for analysis.
- Description: This is optional, but you may name your analysis (recommended so that you can reference past analysis)
- Forecast Hierarchy Type: If you are requirement planning items with BOM's you may choose to run a plan only for the parents without running a full MRP process. This is done by selecting parents only and will explode only the parent items to the children and through distribution. This makes for a faster analysis in a manufacturing setting. Because a BOM is relational, even if the user selects one finished goods (parent) to forecast and components that have shared parents will automatically drive forecast for the other finished goods the components demand is dependent upon.
- Select Batching if Batch Planning templates are configured.
- Click “Generate” to run the analysis.
Automating the Requirement Plan
You may choose to automate the requirement planning process at a frequency you desire using DemandCaster's Automation engine. Read the article Automation in DemandCaster to learn how.
Add your comment