Loading Orders Back to NetSuite
This article provides an overview of the process to create orders from DemandCaster to NetSuite otherwise known as the reverse ETL process. The description below is the standard approach. The process can be modified to meet the specific requirements of the customer.
A customer can view and manage the suggested orders for his planning process from the Planner Action tab in DemandCaster after running a new requirement plan. There are three main actions in the UI, which will take you further of your planning.
- Buy – It means you need to buy this item to finish the manufacturing of your goods. You are going to create a Purchase Order
- Transfer – It means you have this item in some of your departments or subsidiaries and you need to transfer it to the manufacturing location – You are going to create a Transfer Order.
- Make – It means you have all the necessary items to manufacture your goods in one place. You are going to create a Work Order.
The “Download to ERP” button start the process of creating the desired orders in NetSuite.
When you create Purchase Orders Demand Caster inserts:
- Today’s date as DATE (The posting date of this purchase order. It determines the date range in which this transaction appears on the Purchase Orders Register);
- Vendor code as VENDOR (The vendor for this purchase);
- Location as LOCATION (Location to associate with this purchase).
For each Item in the item line Demand Caster inserts:
- Item code (Name) as ITEM;
- item quantity as QTY ORDERED;
- Vendor name as VENDOR NAME;
- Expected receipt date as EXPTD DATE;
- Shipping date as SHIP DATE.
For Transfer Orders Demand Caster inserts:
- Today’s date as DATE (The current date auto fills for this transfer order);
- Source location as FROM LOCATION (In the From Location field, select the originating location for the transfer. Items are taken out of this location and the inventory count for the item is decreased at the location when the order is fulfilled);
- Destination location as TO LOCATION (In the Destination Location field, select the receiving location for the transfer. The inventory count and asset value for the item is increased at this location when the items are received).
For each Item in the line item DC inserts:
- Item Code (Name) as ITEM;
- item quantity as QUANTITY
For Work Order Demand Caster inserts:
- Today’s date as DATE
- (default work order date);
- Assembly item as ASSEMBLY (the Assembly you need to build).
- Location as LOCATION (Location to display only work orders for that location. This location is also displayed in the assembly build);
- Quantity as QUANTITY (The Quantity of assembly items you want to create);
- Order status as STATUS (Select the work order Status. For example, In-Process or Built);
- PRODUCTION START DATE (the date you expect to begin assembly production. This field defaults to today's date);
- PRODUCTION END DATE (the date you expect to complete assembly production. This field defaults to today's date plus lead time).
There is an option that can be set during set up that disables the logic for grouping line items on POs, WOs, & TOs.
When grouping is enabled, it is as follows:
- Purchase orders are grouped by vendor,
- Transfer orders by source-destination
- Work Orders are not grouped