Setting Up Automated Messaging for Data Connector Connection Failure
At times, the DemandCaster data connector may lose connectivity with the DemandCaster data hub. When such an event occurs, the data is unable to be refreshed in DemandCaster.
When the connection is lost, DemandCaster has the capability to notify a user or users to restart the data connector and regain connectivity.
To initiate this functionality, please follow the step described below.
Add Email(s) of the person(s) to receive notifications
In the System Settings "Other Settings" section located within Utilities >> System Settings, enter the email of the person or persons to receive the notification. You may enter more than one email address by separating each email with a comma. The person receiving the email does not have to be a DemandCaster user. They only need to have access to the work station or server hosting the data connector.
Upon a connection failure, go to Windows Services
There are a number of ways to find the list of Windows Services located on the server:
- Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Services
- Or you can Right-click on Computer icon on desktop and select Manage to open a new window. Now go to Services & Applications -> Services.
- You can also open the same from Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
- Or you can directly open "Services" list by providing services.msc command in RUN or Start menu search box.
Stop and then Re-Start the Data Connector service
- In the list of services, find "Data Connector." Sort by Name to quickly locate.
- Right click on the "Data Connector" service
- Click "Stop" (if running)
- Click "Start" to re-start.
- Any data extraction that was scheduled to execute will automatically commence upon the connector restarting.
- DemandCaster personnel will also receive notification so they can monitor the situation and follow-up as necessary.
Add your comment