Installing the Data Connector
Once the credentials have been loaded in the data hub, you can proceed to download the connector to the machine that will be used to integrate your database with DemandCaster.
- Click on Processing
- Click on Connectors
- Find the connector assigned and click download to download.
The following steps should be completed as an administrator.
- After downloading, create a folder in program files called DemandCaster: i.e. C:\Program Files(x86)\DemandCaster\.
- Extract the Data Connector files in the folder you created.
- Find install.bat and double click to run. This will start the data connector.
- Check to see if the data connector is running by going to windows, programs, administrative tools, services and look for "DataConnector Service."
- Once it is running, please let us know so we can check the connection on our end. We do so by going back to the data hub and reviewing the data connector status in Processing >> Connectors
If for some reason the install.bat does not run, you will need to run the command prompt as an administrator:
- Click Start, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
- Right-click Command prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- Then you need to navigate to the folder where the install.bat file exists and run